Things To Consider When Buying A Diffuser
Essential oil diffusers are devices that help spread oils into the air which then also spreads the benefits of these essential oils to those who inhale it. Not all essential oil diffusers are the same so it is important to get one that has the quality and specifications you need.
Buying an essential oil diffuser can be daunting because there are just too many to choose from. Picking the first one you see can be tempting when all you want is to bask in the aromas of essential oils all day. But did you know there are a lot of things to think about before purchasing? Keep reading to know more about essential oil diffusers.
Humidifiers vs. Diffusers
Some people think humidifiers and diffusers are the same but they are actually completely different. While diffusers function to disperse essential oils into the air, humidifiers add moisture to the air and are often used in dry places. Humidifiers have become popular household staples but excessive humidity lessens health benefits contained in essential oils. Diffusers make very fine mist to transport oils’ vital elements. Dry air can clog your nose so diffusers can actually help unclog it.
Benefits of Essential Oil Diffusers
Diffusers are a great way to circulate essential oils to the air you breathe so whatever benefits you reap from using a diffuser are actually from the essential oils you use. Essential oils are used in many different ways but diffusion is the most prevalent. Below are the advantages of using a diffuser:
- Purifies air
- Removes dust
- Gets rid of stress
- Improves immunity
- Makes room fragrant
- Removes bad smells
- Maintains essential oils’ purity
- No waste
Different Types of Diffusers
This type of diffuser distribute essential oils by blowing them like a fan through a filter. Its evaporating style of functioning is what has given this type of diffuser its name.
- Works great for diffusing aromas in smaller places
- Nice designs
- Low cost
- Does not disperse essential oils’ complete blend
- Light components evaporate faster than heavy components
- Lessens therapeutic benefit of essential oils through aportioning
- Shorter running times
This type of diffuser is considered a basic one when it comes to oil diffusers. It uses heat to spread essential oils.
- Least expensive
- Small enough to store easily or bring anywhere
- Can effectively spread aromas in specific areas
- Lessens therapeutic benefit of essential oils through apportioning
- High heat levels can change the component of essential oils
This type of diffuser is considered more powerful compared to other types of diffusers. It spreads essential oils by splitting them into very small molecules. The molecules are then misted out even though these do not require water to function.
- Benefits of essential oils can be fully enjoyed
- Comes with built-in timer
- Needs more frequent refills
This type of diffuser spreads essential oils by splitting them into very small molecules, similar to nebulizer diffusers. The difference is this type requires water to function whereas nebulizer diffusers do not. The concentration of essential oils is milder due to the incorporation of water.
- Can also function as a humidifier during winter
- Has added music to lessen noise
- Less expensive than nebulizer diffusers
- Not as effective as nebulizing diffusers
- May come with light setting that stays on
- Needs to be kept clean
- Citrus oils need to be avoided
Tips To Help You Choose A Diffuser
- Think about why you want to get yourself a diffuser. Is it to help you sleep? Is it for someone with allergies?
- Think about where you will place the oil diffuser. Do you plan to put it in your bedroom? How about in a child’s room?
- Take time to read reviews by current users of diffusers.
- Consider your budget as you compare prices.